Jan 1, 2012

And, of course, some Resolutions

To be honest, I don't really like resolutions. They've become a joke in our culture, so that sentence's that begin with "My resolution this year..." are met with laughter. Because of this, I actually have never made any resolutions, so this year will be my first. Why? Well, I guess the whole college/growing up/maturity has made me realize that I need to get my ass in gear for some things. So here are some of my personal and musical resolutions for 2012.

Music

1. Get on Slowbizz and play as many house concerts as possible. I'd love for this resolution to come true, and once I get started I know it will. I'm still a few people short to getting the 100 needed to start, however. Please sign your name and support at http://mim.io/99de12

2. Play at more art galleries. Since the amazing show at Local Project, I've realized that one can find support in different artistic mediums. Basically, people who like paintings probably like music! I met a bunch of great people at the Local Project show, and I hope to go to even more art galleries and artist gatherings in New York this year.

3. Get better at guitar This has always been a goal for me, but this year, I'm going to learn more covers of great guitar songs (I've got my eyes set on Hendrix and Clapton).

4. Do 2-3 shows a month. I feel like this is going to take a lot of emails and work, but I'm ready for it! Hopefully Slowbizz will take off and help me out ;)

Personal

1. Cook I'm really bad at cooking. As in once I got 3rd degree burns, and another time I accidentally made playdoh. That said, I know that cooking my own meals is healthier and more cost-effective. Right now, I'm looking at making my own bento boxes for lunch. I'm learning through this great website called www.justbento.com.

2. Parkour/Freerunning Yeah, yeah I can hear you laughing already. I've been obsessed with parkour/freerunning since I saw District B13 three years ago, but have been too chicken to go to any local jams. I know there are weekly classes in downtown NYC, and a friend and I have resolved to go. Wish me luck!

3. Get a summer job Pretty self explanatory. I've got my eyes set on an english tutoring job in Italy!

Re-posted from www.musicchristinali.com

No comments:

Post a Comment