Nov 20, 2011

Up a goddamn mountain.

Hey everybody. Marie and I (Christina) are currently dancing to Professor Longhair. I discovered him while watching Treme which is [warning adult content] fan-fucking-tastic [/warning adult content] so you should watch it too.

'Sup. This is Marie. I don't know why I'm saying "'sup;" it's my least favorite word in the English language. Not that it counts as a word, being a complete bastardization of everything dear to linguistics. Anyway! Yes!! Hi!!!!!!!!!

Nice use of exclamation points. "Now we should talk about what we're going to post"-Marie
thank you marie
"will you keep quoting me if i keep saying things?"Marie
No.
Anyway, what we're going to talk about. Well I'm trying to get more into jazz music and music journalism so I guess I'll be trying that out here. What else what else. I don't do a lot of "commentary" things because my thoughts seem idiotic and banal two days after writing.


Future discussion topics? Alright! So, I am NOT a music journalist (although I like to think my ability to think up satirically pretentious Bon Iver reviews on the fly is unmatched). I will probably be posting, uh...man, Christina, watching me type. Awkward. But anyway, you might see some (mostly unserious) creative writing from me, as well as endless endless endless commentaries/diatribes on whatever topic. I do sometimes write poetry, but it's not the "big words and white person angst" kind of poetry so you can stop hating me now, yay!! I once co-wrote a play about wizards (you can totally hate me for that). I was going to make a C++ joke to go with Christina's html joke but I have forgotten everything I ever learned. Christina, take the keyboard away. I'm just going to keep typing. Stop me. Stop me. Type type type

You shame me. Well I have some ideas for future posts. mainly. 1) thoughts about the Allen Toussaint show I just saw (which will condense into a review for Washington Square News). 2) Ayn Rand "Fountainhead" bashing and 3)books I've read/music listening to. Right now I'm reading The Moviegoer and I'm excited to read Berstein's The East, The West, and Sex. I feel like during that post I will have lots of identity-crisis asian-female-objectification rants so be prepared. Oh and ask Marie to make you a mixtape. They're awesome.

My mixtapes are the literal fucking best. They will rip everything you have ever known away from you and leave you crying, naked and alone, on a windswept plain of painful epiphany. They are also pretty good to dance around to and snap your fingers all funky-like! OH HEY I forgot to mention that I will probably be posting reviews of movies and books and other forms of readily consumable entertainment! As far as my first proper post goes, I think I am going to talk about webcomics, which is. You know. Pretty cool.

Still Marie talkin' here. At Christina's suggestion, I am going to wrap this post up with a tiny playlist (compiled by the both of us!!) because music hey why not. Enjoy!!
If you want some endless fun, try and guess what the alternating order of our song choices is! Did Christina start, or did I? ENDLESS FUN.


1. My Aim is True--Elvis Costello

2. Son of a Gun--The Vaselines

3. Girls! Girls! Girls!--Liz Phair

4. Slow Dog--Belly

5. Black Saint Sinner Lady, Track A--Charles Mingus

Goodbye and goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment